Our 2017 schedule is ready. For our Great White Shark cage dive trips, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-224-4388.
Islander Kayak Fishing: Recommended Gear
This is a list of gear that we recommend each Kayaker brings on-board the Islander.
- Short Bow line, 6-8 feet
- Kayaks are often tied off to the dive step.
- Bait sled or bait tank - Bait is provided aboard all fishing trips and usually consists of 4- 6 inch sardine.
- Rod Holders with leashes
- USCG approved Life vest
- Hand held VHF radio - The best way to contact the mother ship or skiff. Also a great way to find out what other fishermen are catching.
for night time signaling.
- Smoke Signals for daytime signaling.
- Sea anchor for both drift fishing and emergencies.